Q: Who is the SHE School for?
A: We are a global, diverse, multi-generational, and eclectic sisterhood. Last year we had women from 17 different countries join us. We are spiritual misfits, fierce believers, and loving change-makers. The SHE School welcomes and is enriched by women of all ages, seasons of life, sexual orientations, and corners of the world. The common thread binding us together is our commitment to live from our SHE (or inner wisdom), and our willingness to take 100% responsibility for our lives, and, in that, do the inner work required to live in full attunement and integrity with our Truth and wholeness.
Q: Who is the SHE Leadership Circle for?
A: This is for women who are committed to translating the breakthroughs from their inner work into their callings, creative endeavors, finances, and community impact. It’s for women with an existing career or business (or business idea) who want to make their work in their world a spiritual practice. When you realize that the only one standing in the way between you and your dreams is….you….it’s time for you to join the SHE Leadership Circle.
Q: When does the program begin?
A: We start on February 1, 2018.
Q: When does the program end?
A: We end on October 31, 2018.
Q: I have a really full schedule. Will I have time for this?
A: Only you can answer that. And yes: The SHE School requires a commitment of time. But if you’re feeling uncomfortably busy, The SHE School will offer tools and support for creating spaciousness, healthy boundaries, and aligned priorities. You need to make this a priority, though.
You may need to let go of some other commitments to make space for The SHE School. Ask yourself: are all the things keeping you busy right now what you REALLY want to be doing? Are they in alignment with your Soul? If the answer is “no” — or if you’re having a hard time answering this question, you will benefit from one of Sara’s key teachings: how to prioritize, live in alignment with your inner wisdom, create more white space in your calendar, and create a schedule that supports your feminine rhythms, cycles, and seasons. This is an unconventional way of living … and the most rewarding way.
Q: How much time and energy will everything require? What if it’s too much or too little for me?
A: First, here’s a recap of the scheduled events:
- One, live 2-hour classes with Sara every month
- One SHE Yoga & Meditation class with Sara (pre-recorded video, approx. 1 hour ) each month
You will also receive a few pre-recorded interviews with the guest teacher every month, plus some handouts and journaling prompts to go deeper into each month’s theme.
Here’s a recap of scheduled events for The SHE Leadership Circle:
- One, live 1.5-hour classes with Sara every month
- Plus the events for The SHE School
- Time to work on your chosen “project” and to read our monthly suggested book
You also have 3 private calls with Sara that you can schedule over the entire 9-month journey.
Beyond that, it will be up to you to create the time and space to sit with, practice, and implement everything you are learning. It’s also up to you to connect in The SHE School Facebook group and to ask for support and clarification when you need it. We encourage every woman to check in at least once a week in our online group to stay connected and engaged.
Truly: you can spend as little or as much time engaging as works for you. Like most things, what you put in will be what you get out — but there is no “right” or required way to do this.
One of Sara’s core teachings is learning to find your own feminine rhythm and follow it in a way that serves you and everything you want to do and be. And everyone will be supported to find, nurture, and accept that rhythm … and flow with it as it changes month-to-month, season-to-season.
There is no “right way” to approach this. It’s about finding your right way and showing up fully for that. This is important, because “How we do anything is how we do everything.”
Q: What if I can’t attend the calls live?
A: No problem at all. We’ve designed both The SHE School and The SHE Leadership Circle to work for you whether you can attend live or not: we record all the calls and will post them right away in our online forum. If you have questions for spotlight mentoring, you can always post them in the online forum ahead of time. So: you will still get to participate fully, ask your questions, participate in discussions, and feel part of the community in our online sanctuary. Plus: ALL of the recordings are downloadable! That means you can enjoy them while you are exercising, driving in the car, taking a bath, practicing yin yoga, cooking, or even nursing your beautiful bundle of joy!
Q: I don’t have any experience with women’s work or inner work. Can I still do this?
A: Yes. The SHE School is a fabulous introduction. It will lay a strong foundation, which you can build on for the rest of your life. And if you DO already have plenty of experience, The SHE School will deepen and broaden your work, in so many ways. There’s no better place to dive into this than here.
Q: Can I test it out before committing? Do you have a trial period?
A: No. We do not offer any trial periods. We ask that every woman who signs up be willing and ready to dive in fully. This allows us all to create the deepest experience possible. Transformation is not possible without 100% commitment. Please refer to our refund policy for a fuller explanation of our reasoning behind this. Lastly, the program materials are yours for life — so even if “life happens” and you can’t follow along fully, you can jump into the recorded materials and get the full value of the program whenever you are ready.
Q: Do you have a sneak peek of what the program looks and feels like?
A: We want you to make the most empowered and aligned choice for yourself as possible!
If this all sounds beautiful, but you’re still not quite sure, educate yourself by indulging in this sneak peek.
- A sample talk from Sara
- Video clips from our SHE Yoga & Meditation classes (a yin yoga practice, a flow yoga practice, and guided meditation)
- A sample “Monthly Message” email and worksheet
- A short clip from a group mentoring call.
Of course, this sneak peek can’t quite convey the power of participating in live retreat or an ongoing community … but I hope it helps satiate your curiosity!
Head this way to receive your sneak peek.
Q: What are the dates for the live gatherings?
A: The SHE School (all times are listed in Denver Mountain Time)
Thursday, February 1 at 2-4pm: Dakinis Den #1
Wednesday, March 7 at 11-1pm: Dakinis Den #2
Wednesday, Apr 11 at 3-5pm: Dakinis Den #3
Tuesday, April 11 (time TBA): Guest Teacher Interview with Julie Cobb
Wednesday, May 9 at 11-1pm: Dakinis Den #4
Wednesday, June 13 at 11-1pm: Dakinis Den #5
Wednesday, June 13 at 2:30-3:30pm: Guest Teacher Interview with Kelly McNeills
Wednesday, August 15 at 11-1pm: Dakinis Den #6
Wednesday, August 22 at 2-3pm: Guest Teacher Interview with Michaela Boehm
Wednesday, September 5 at 11-1pm: Dakinis Den #7
Wednesday, September 19 at 2-3pm: Guest Teacher Interview with Kathleen McGarry
Wednesday, October 3 at 3-5pm: Dakinis Den #8
SHE Leadership Circle (SLC)
Tuesday, February 6 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #1
Wednesday, March 14 at 2:30-4pm: SLC Class #2
Tuesday, April 4 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #3
Tuesday, May 15 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #4
Wednesday, June 27 at 10:30-12pm: SLC Class #5
Wednesday, August 22 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #6
Wednesday, September 19 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #7
Wednesday, October 17 at 11-12:30pm: SLC Class #8
Wednesday, October 31: SHE School & SLC End
Q: I don’t live in the U.S. Will The SHE School still work for me?
A: Yes! That’s part of the beauty of our online community. We welcome women from all over the world. In fact, our School is currently comprised of at least 50% of the women living outside of the U.S—in Turkey, Australia, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil, Canada, Dubai, Czech Republic, and more. We love and embrace diversity. And we make every effort to support your participation from different time zones by varying the times of our events and providing recordings to our calls and retreats, as well as offering extensive, ongoing support online.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: The SHE School investment is 9 monthly payments of $120 — OR — a single, one-time payment of $995.
For payment plans: you will be billed once at the time of purchase, and then every 30 days for 8 months after that date.
The SHE Leadership Circle investment is 4 monthly payments of $1375 — OR — a single, one-time payment of $4995
For payment plans: you will be billed once at the time of purchase, and then every 30 days for 4 months after that date.
Q: Are prices listed in U.S. Dollars? Do I need to adjust my currency if I live outside the US
A: Yes, our prices listed are in U.S. Dollars. For the most up-to-date currency translation, we recommend using this website: www.xe.com.
Q: Do you offer any scholarships?
A: No. We want to make The SHE School accessible to as many women as possible, and have offered here our most generous, affordable pricing option ever. We stand fully behind the tremendous value that The SHE School offers. If you are on a budget, we recommend the payment plan to space out the investment over 9 smaller, monthly payments- the cost of gym or yoga studio membership.
Simply put: investing in yourself in this way is the single best gift you can ever give yourself. All external change begins from within. The SHE School will bring clarity, depth, and healing fire to every area of your life — for years to come. And that’s priceless.
Q: Can I register later on in the year?
A: We only open registration once a year. For 10 days in the fall, and then in the month of January. After that, our container is sealed for a transformative journey.
Q: What’s the refund policy?
A: We have a strict no-refund policy.
I believe that every time a woman commits to her path, she must trust and follow that Divine Impulse through, all the way to the end.
As Zen master Suzuku Roshi wrote in Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind, the spiritual path is like getting on to a train that you cannot get off of. You must ride it all the way until the end. If you leave early, the unfinished business you have left behind will haunt you incessantly.
Or as Trungpa Rinpoche said one time when scheduled to give a long talk, “Go home; there’s still time.”And he left the stage. Meaning once you get on the spiritual path, you’re on it for life.
For this reason, this is a non-refundable investment in your relationship with your own deepest truth. We offer no refunds, for any reason. This also includes no premature stopping or adjusting of payment plans (for any reason).
Truly: we do this to protect you. Time and experience have shown us that this is the best way to serve your SHE and to strengthen our group experience.
Here are 5 reasons why we don’t offer refunds:
- You have to be “all-in” to do this work. The SHE School will challenge and provoke you. It will invite you to face your deepest shadows, befriend them, and uncover the gems hiding within them. This is your chance to face some of the biggest obstacles in your life, and to transform them into your greatest blessings. This is sometimes dirty, messy work. To become whole, you may need to go the places you’ve avoided — maybe for decades. You may want to stop before you get to the other side. By not allowing you to give up on yourself, our no-refund policy is just one of the many ways we support you along your Heroine’s Journey.
- The curriculum is designed to be completed. As opposed to “drop-in” women’s circles or ongoing monthly membership programs, The SHE School is designed to take you through a specific arc of learning, insight, and empowerment. Each stage of the journey needs to be completed. If you stick with this for the duration, if you share your goals and seek support, I’m confident you’ll emerge on the other side having grown through the parts of yourself that most needed it. Your life will reflect the change in ways you can’t anticipate yet. Stopping partway through will not serve you in the deepest, highest way. Real growth continues until it’s finished, sometimes in spite of ourselves.
- We inform and empower you before you decide. We want your decision to join The SHE School to feel exciting, clear, and good. All the information you need to decide is here, either on this page or on my main website. I made sure there are no surprises, no unexpected things you’ll find or uncover as you go through the course. It’s all here. So ask yourself: Does this page make sense to you? Does it resonate with what you most want? How does your body feel? What does your SHE have to say about this? What is the Sacred Impulse at work, beneath your Inner Critic, skeptic, and fears?
- “Whether you believe you can or can’t, you are right.” This kind of work demands our commitment, right from the start. And the fierce feminine may be graceful — but she’s NOT wishy-washy. Make the decision process around joining The SHE School an exercise in contacting your inner wisdom. Do you believe you can have a life-changing experience through an online program? Is something within you jumping up and down, saying, ‘YES! THIS!”? Does what you read here really, truly speak to you? Own your clarity and ACT on it.
- Start. And stay. No refunds means there’s a cost to your leaving. When you feel resistance, you have to make a choice if you want to march through (with my help) to the next insight, or walk away. By not giving you an “out”, I’m asking you to TRUST YOURSELF, to trust this process, and to trust your community of soul sisters taking the plunge with you.
Q: Can I leave the program early if I don’t like it?
A: My dear sister: you are an adult, and you may do anything you wish! However, we do request that you commit to the entire 9 months of this program — to better serve yourself and the sisterhood. This program has a distinct beginning, end, and flow — including a few very carefully crafted arcs of teaching and transformation. Some parts will challenge you. (After all: this is deep Inner Work, and includes descending into the shadows to understand and reclaim disowned and misunderstood parts of yourself.) If you get to a challenging point in the curriculum and disengage instead of moving through it, you will deprive yourself of the freedom and transformation you signed up for (and deserve!). For a full experience, and to leave feeling complete, successful, and empowered at every level, you need to participate for the entire 9 months.
Because this is a women’s practice community, your leaving affects the group, as well. We strive to create a safe, sacred container for deep work — with clear openings and closings. Should you choose to leave early, we request that you inform Sara and announce it to the group. We offer no refunds or suspended payment plans if you leave early. All payments and payment plans must be completed in-full, as originally agreed upon when signing up. These policies are here to protect you, your original intention, and the community.
Q: I’m taking so many online courses. Will this one really be different?
A: The Sacred Feminine is waking up all over the world. That means we have a myriad of leaders, books, courses, retreats, and programs to support us in that.
My teachings have their own flavor in this emerging cornucopia. I speak to things not being spoken about in this massive movement. And the SHE School is a unique experience. Here’s why:
- It is first and foremost about spiritual practice. Here, we don’t just talk about practice; we actually practice (yoga, meditation, and conscious relating to oneself and others). This is the root of anything and everything that is deeply rewarding in life. Every outer change we need and long for must first happen within. The SHE School is a supportive container for the deep inner work that teaches you how to live beyond praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and pain, fame and disrepute. Because the truth is: only inner work can change you (and the world).
- It’s inside-out, not outside-in. Most online courses are about outside answers and authority. Piling on information. Seeking external answers to learn and apply. But: deep, lasting changes always come from within ourselves. From our personal insight. The SHE School isn’t another dogma to pile on and pack in. Instead, it offers you the tools and confidence to access, befriend, and integrate your own inner guidance. YOU must become the Mistress of your own Universe.
- It welcomes all spiritual and religious orientations. While the practices you’ll find here are based in women’s yoga and Buddhist meditation, we also incorporate a variety of other approaches and traditions, from the mystical to the psychological. I have no agenda other than supporting your embodied awakening. All of the practices you’ve previously learned are welcome here — and you’ll find support and cheerleading to do whatever serves you best.
- We talk about what’s taboo (like blood, darkness, self-loathing, sabotage, and shame). One of my superpowers is to speak to that which has been left unspoken. I like to challenge the status quo and resuscitate parts of our consciousness that have been relegated to shadow and shame. This immersion isn’t about learning how to be perfect or feel blissful all the time. Sorry, that just ain’t possible. It’s about embracing the full spectrum of our womanhood– the messy, painful, sinful, shameful, as well as meeting and expanding the threshold of just how much joy and goodness we can let in (they go hand-in-hand).
- We take retreats, together. The central hearth of our SHE School is our monthly retreats. Taking retreats is a lost art in the modern world, and an essential soul vitamin for sanity, creativity, and happiness amidst all the ups and downs of life. We desperately need these “pauses” in order to live sustainably and to keep growing and evolving together. By gathering together in a sacred space, for spiritual practice, you learn to incorporate these into your own daily, monthly, and yearly rhythms.
- It’s about the integration of feminine AND masculine. Developing our inner feminine is wonderful — but it’s not enough. For true wholeness, healing, and worldly prowess, we need to know our own Divine Masculine, too. Most women’s work ignores the masculine energy that every woman holds — leaving it misunderstood and even shunned. In the SHE School, we will embrace and partner with our inner masculine: inwardly and outwardly. We will do deep healing work here to distinguish the Inner Patriarch from the Divine Masculine, and in doing so realize the sacred marriage of feminine and masculine within ourselves that true healing demands.
- It makes the virtual world sacred. Technology isn’t good or bad. It is what we make of it. It’s so easy to get disembodied, scattered, and stressed when engaging the online. But it doesn’t have to be that way! The SHE School creates an embodied, sacred space within the virtual world. And every step of the way, you will learn how to use the internet in a healthier, more life-affirming way.
- We are multi-generational. The SHE School celebrates every phase of womanhood. Maidens and mothers and elders. By gathering together in this way, we tap wisdom from all stages and seasons of life. We reclaim lost parts of ourselves. We restore powerful facets of femininity that modern society usually (and sadly) ignores.
- We are world-centric and diverse. Since leading my first retreats in Thailand over 15 years ago, I’ve welcomed a diverse, global community. In years past, at least 50% of The SHE School members have hailed from outside the United States: from Qatar to Sweden, from Turkey to Brazil, from Kosovo to Dubai. Our range of perspectives and experiences enrich every woman in The SHE School.
Q: I’m a bit of a technophobe. I’m not sure if online learning is really my thing!
A: You absolutely don’t need to be a computer whiz to get the most out of The SHE School. (One of our themes is empowering you to make the online world sacred and spacious.)
We try to keep things as simple as possible, and our community mentors are available at live events and in the online forum to troubleshoot if you get stuck. We also have a behind-the-scenes support team to help walk you through things. The course materials are simple to access. We’ll support each other and find a rhythm — together. So if you feel a little bewildered during the first call, we’ll show you the ropes and you’ll be a pro in no time.
We’ve chosen an online learning format because of the HUGE benefits: you’ll connect with like-minded women from all over the world (who have diverse experiences and expressions of being women, due to their cultural differences). Plus, you will be able to learn and participate in a way that works easily with your schedule and rhythms.
Q: What materials are available to download?
A: All materials we share are available both for download and printing, and live streaming in our private, online forum. These include audios of Q & A’s, videos of retreats, interviews with guest teachers, journaling & life design pdf’s, and all bonus materials (for regular & early registration periods). We want to make it as easy as possible for you to enjoy this program in the way that feels just right for you.
Q: I’m an introvert. Will I feel overwhelmed? Or forced to participate more than I feel comfortable?
A: No. Sara’s an introvert too! As are many of the women in the Tent. Our first agreement in this women’s circle is to show up as you are. You are welcome and embraced for being uniquely, wonderfully, yourself. We encourage you to make the experience yours — whatever that means for you. This is a safe training ground where you’ll experiment and learn to trust yourself and engage in ways that allow you to feel most at home in yourself, and in the world. And we’re here if you need any help along the way.
Q: I’m an extrovert. Will there be enough space for me to talk, socialize, interact, and get support?
A: Yes. We need you, too! Our online sanctuary is open 24/7. Our three live events each month are interactive and have portions that are very sharing-based. You will get as much support and interaction as you need and crave.
Q: I read Sara’s books The Way of the Happy Woman and/or The Book of SHE, and loved them. Would this program be an appropriate next step?
A: Absolutely. The SHE School is where you learn to LIVE these practices, to embody them more deeply, and to apply them to every area of your life. It helps you to live and honor your feminine rhythms. Plus, it’s where the rubber meets the road and the real change can happen, from the inside, out. It brings everything to life to have the support of a teacher, a community, and practices that connect you to your SHE in a continual, daily way.
Q: I’m familiar with your work, and have participated in your courses before. Will this program include enough new material to make it worth my while?
A: Yes. This is lifelong learning. The SHE School will meet and support you, exactly where you are. To keep the flame of my own creative passion burning, I’m always growing and changing, and sharing the rewards of my life lessons with you along the way. I’m always adding and updating material so reflect my recent research, studies, and insight.
Q: I’ve had troubles with women-only groups before. I’m nervous about how I’ll be accepted.
A: You are SO welcome here. All of you. And this is precisely one of the long-standing wounds we’ll be working to overcome. Even though women are deeply communal, we often struggle much more than men do to form healthy, supportive communities of acceptance and support with other women. Healing your relationship to sisterhood also heals your relationship with The Feminine in all of life.
Q: Can this help me with my work? Motherhood? My relationship? Money?
A: Yes. You see, most of us have things backwards. We focus on the “outside” things we want to change — when, in truth, real, lasting change is an inside job. Inner Work is what will change your Outer World. It starts inside, with you. Then it reverberates out. You want to make more money? Find your soulmate? Change careers? Start inside.
Q: Can I learn all about feminine cycles in this course?
A: Yes. The SHE School flows with feminine seasons and the cycles, and there are the bedrock of Sara’s teachings. When you join, you will receive as a gift Sara’s popular online immersion Reversing Our “Curse.” You’ll be guided to work through this program during the month of July when you explore the theme “Unlocking the Magic in Your SHE Cycles.”
Q: What sort of online forum will we be using?
A: We use a learning platform called Ruzuku. We love it because it truly simulates a live, learning experience. That’s where you’ll find the course materials, all clearly divided into the 3 parts and 9 months — so it’s easy for you to find and work through them sequentially. You can even “check off” each item after you’ve completed it, to make sure that you stay on track and organized. Our discussion forum is there, too, and it’s private and secure — so it feels like a sanctuary. We stream our live video retreats in here directly, and store all of the recordings here in a clear and easy-to-find way.
Welcome to your beautiful, peaceful online home. You can come here any time to press “re-set” and escape the busy-distracted-hustle-bustle of the online world … and feel safe and spacious enough to go deep and get vulnerable, real, and healed.
Q: It sounds like there will be a lot of body-based movement and yoga. I’m not very physical, so I’m nervous. Will I be embarrassed, or not know what to do?
A: The exercises you will be taught are gentle and appropriate for online learning, meaning that they will work with any body type and level of physicality. Truly. We are used to working with women of all skill levels, always offering options and encouraging you to listen to your body.
You will sweat a little, shake a little, and get your heart rate up a little, but women of all ages and all health backgrounds have done my programs in the past without any problems. You will be challenged, but gently — while being well taken care of.
Q: I don’t have any experience with yoga or meditation. Can I still do this?
A: Yes, it’s a great place to begin a yoga & meditation practice. And if you already have a practice, The SHE School will support its deepening — in specifically feminine ways. We always encourage you to study at a yoga studio during this time, to receive in-person instruction to support your practice between our seasonal retreats.
Q: How many women will be in The SHE School?
A: In all transparency: we’re not sure yet! In the past, we’ve had up to 110 women join us. Each year we’re growing, and we trust that the size of this group will be perfect. We are fully committed to lovingly serving every woman and the sisterhood as a whole.
Q: Is Sara leading any other online programs this year?
A: No- just The SHE School & SHE Leadership Circle.
Q: This isn’t a good time for me. When will you offer this program again?
A: Once registration closes, The SHE School won’t begin again until February 2019.
An invitation … Ask yourself: What is my heart saying? What does my Soul, my SHE want? Can I hear HER voice? Am I saying “it’s not a good time” because of fear, because I’m keeping myself small, or because of obligation to things that aren’t truly in alignment with my Soul? Or: do I know deep in my bones that this is not the right season in my life?
Make the decision from the deepest part of your Self. And then own your decision fully.
Q: What are the formats of mentoring calls?
A: All calls are held on a teleseminar line, which you can attend via phone, Skype, or webcast. We also have a live chat there to interact with one another during the retreat. We’ve been using this platform for several years and love it!
Q: What will we do in the monthly calls?
A: In The SHE School, every month, we will once for a class with Sara called “Dakini’s Den.” Dakinis represent the wild, enlightened feminine in Tibetan Buddhism. Each of these tele-classes will begin with a provocative, inspiring, and cutting edge talk from Sara. All teachings will will raw and real, on topics that feel fresh, alive, and relevant to her and our community. We’ll dive into new things that Sara’s practicing (that she’s never taught before and aren’t included in the course’s standard curriculum), like Quantum Mechanics, neuroscience, Dakini wisdom, Law of Attraction, and other. There’s also time for guided meditations, visualizations, journaling, group sharing, and Q & A.
In The SHE Leadership Circle, every month, we will gather once for a mastermind call with Sara. At the start of each call she’ll share a teaching on what she sees is working/not working in the industry of women’s empowerment and spirituality, or other things alive in her own career or the group of women in SLC. Following this there will be “spotlight mentoring” to receive support and guidance within the group structure.
Q: How often will Sara interact with the group?
A: In The SHE School, Sara sends out monthly messages, a monthly pre-recorded SHE Yoga & Meditation video, weekly love notes, teaches a 2-hr monthly audio classes, and engages in our online Facebook group.
In The SHE Leadership Circle, she leads one monthly teaching and Q & A call (in addition to any private sessions you have scheduled with her).
Plus, there are two certified teachers (a community manager and a community mentor) who offer mentoring support in the Facebook group.
Q: I’m interested in interacting with women in-person, can I do that in The SHE School?
A: Sara encourages every woman to be part of a local, in-person women’s community. Nothing replaces those in-person interactions. And: in these modern times, it is also important to be part of a global sisterhood. It’s so eye-opening and nourishing to connect with women different from yourself—who live in all corners of the world, who are all different ages, and who have different perspectives. Gathering together, we celebrate our differences and our similarities. We have so much to learn from one another. The women who are part of our community become lifelong friends and often meet up with one another when travelling!
Q: If I want to become certified to lead The Way of the Happy Woman retreats, will this program help qualify me?
A: Yes. The WOHW Certification Training is available by application only. Graduates will be certified and licensed to teach The Way of the Happy Woman® retreats in their home communities. To receive more information about this program, you can submit your email here.
The prerequisites for this training include:
- Participation in The SHE School
- Graduation from our SHE Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training
- Completion of our Reversing Our ‘Curse’ online immersion
- A strong, daily yoga and meditation practice for at least two years
- A 200-hour yoga teacher certification
- Attendance at a 7-day, silent Buddhist meditation retreat
- Attendance at one of Sara’s in-person retreats
Q: Do I really deserve this? Can I really justify investing in myself in this way? Am I being selfish, spoiled, and self-indulgent?
A: Let’s find out, together. I don’t have the answers to these questions, but your SHE does. So let’s ask HER:
- Check in with your body: How does the idea of participating in the SHE School feel in your body ? Grounded and relaxed? Good but fluttering at the thought of the unknown? Is there some excitement in that flutter? Those are bodily signs of “YES.”
- Investigate where you skepticism is coming from: Is your SHE/Soul having doubts you need to listen to? Or are your Inner Critic, Skeptic, Perfectionist, or Patriarch chiming in? Do these voices tell you you’re not good enough, you don’t deserve it, you don’t have the time, or that the circumstances aren’t EXACTLY right? If you have particular fears or worries, don’t shove them aside. Let them in. Write them down. Talk about them with someone. Bring them into the light and see what they’re really about. Are you afraid to grow? To change? What are you really afraid of? Are these fears wise signals that you want to heed? Or are they holding you back from what you truly want?
- Inquire: If you knew you couldn’t fail at this, that you’d have fun and evolve and expand as a result of your effort and participation— what would you do? What are your intentions for the coming year? What do you most long for? What matters most to you in your life? What support do you need to actualize these? Does this feel aligned?
Q: I’m feeling fear and resistance, but want to join. What should I do?
A: The bigger the commitment, and the more aligned it is with your highest Self (your SHE), the bigger the resistance will be. Honor the resistance. Listen to it. Pour it a cup of tea and chat with it. Inside your resistance is a friend — and an important message to help you to move forward. It may be saying things like, “Who do you think you are signing up for this?!” or “You’re so selfish to even consider this.”
Don’t ignore it or judge it. Listen and honor it (this is something you’ll learn to do in great depth in The SHE School, to honor all of your inner voices, including your saboteurs).
Resistance shows up to try to keep us small, to keep us the way that we are, all cozy in our comfort zones. We all know that real living is just at the edge of our comfort zone. We need to enter that edge in order to grow. What is the cost of staying in your comfort zone? If you stay where you are, will that allow you to become the woman you really want to be two years from now? Five years from now? Fear and resistance mean it’s time for you to step up. By the end of the immersion, you’ll feel much more confident with following your heart, trusting your SHE and aligning your life with Her (rather than letting your Resistance or Inner Critic run your life). Let your sacred longings— not fear or resistance— take the lead here. Let your SHE make the decision to sign up.
Q: I’m having technical trouble signing up.
A: No problem. Just email our support team at [email protected]. We are more than happy to help 🙂